Resources for COVID 19 – January 2022

As we face the current wave of COVID infections in Victoria, our Peer Navigators are here for support. You can book in a catch up by registering here. In addition, we’ve compiled a list of resources for our community in Victoria.


Book your third dose (booster) today:

If you had your second vaccination at least four months ago, you are due for your third dose now. From January 31, the time between your second and third dose will be reduced to 3 months. You need your third dose to keep up your immunity against COVID-19 even if you have had a recent infection.


To keep yourself, your friends and your family safe there are four key actions that Victorians are being asked to continue:

  • Stay at home and get tested if you have symptoms of COVID-19, however mild.
  • Practise good hygiene – wash your hands and cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
  • Keep your distance – stay 1.5 metres away from people where you can.
  • Wearing a mask is required for everyone aged 8 and above in all public indoor settings in Victoria unless you have an exemption. The best mask to protect against airborne particles is an N95 or KN95 mask. Australia also sells the P2 mask, which is the N95 equivalent.

The current restrictions to public gatherings and advice for private gatherings can be found here. We also encourage keeping social gatherings small and/or outdoors.  

Testing and isolation protocols:

  • If you have COVID-19, or you are a contact of someone who does, read the COVID Checklist  for instructions on what to do.
  • If you have symptoms or you are a household (or household-like) contact of someone with COVID-19, you must get tested.
  • Most people should use a rapid antigen test as their first option to get tested. If you test positive on a rapid antigen test, you must report your result and isolate.


Accessing rapid antigen tests:

Rapid antigen tests will soon be available to purchase at participating pharmacies, supermarkets, and other retail outlets.

You can access up to 10 free rapid antigen tests from pharmacies over a 3 month period (max 5 in a month) if you have a government-issued concession card:

  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Department of Veteran’s Affairs Gold, White or Orange Card
  • Health Care Card
  • Low Income Health Card
  • Pensioner Concession Card.

With the current national shortage of rapid antigen tests (RATs), some community members are having luck with, a crowdsourced website that lists retailers that are in stock.


Payments Available for those isolating:

  • There is a COVID-19 disaster payment available for eligible people affected by restrictions. It will help Victorian workers who are unable to earn income due to the current lockdown restrictions.
  • The Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment is a one-off payment to help Victorian workers who have been directed to self-isolate or quarantine for 7+ days, or care for someone who has been directed to self-isolate or quarantine. The payment is $750 for 7 days. Alternatively, a positive person who is required to isolate for 10 days, will be able to apply for two payments of $750 each (as the payment is not pro rata). Discover more and find out who is eligible
  • The Victorian Government is providing a $450 COVID-19 Test Isolation Payment to support Victorian workers, including parents and guardians, who are required to self-isolate while you wait for the results of your polymerase chain reaction (PCR) COVID-19 test.

Visit this link to read all COVID relief available in Victoria


Read the latest updates from our partners at:


Check out these helpful tips for isolating and managing COVID:

Managing COVID at home’ via

You’re not alone: network of tips and advice for those stuck in COVID isolation’ Via The Age

Living Positive Victoria acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land where we work and live. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. We celebrate the stories, culture and traditions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders of all communities who also work and live on this land.