Workshops for people with HIV.
We currently offer two workshops:
- Phoenix for women including, queer and bi + women, trans women and gender diverse folks who identify with these groups
- Phoenix for gay and bi + men, inclusive of trans men and gender diverse folks who identify with these groups
Phoenix is a confidential and supportive space to learn how to deal with managing your HIV diagnosis. You may have been recently diagnosed or perhaps you’ve had HIV for a while. It’s not about how long you’ve had HIV, its about how much support and information you want.
The workshop is facilitated by peers also living with HIV and will feature sessions from a HIV specialist doctor and HIV counsellor.
It’s free, and no Medicare card is needed.
What can you expect from the workshop?
- Meet other people with HIV and share your experience
- Have your questions answered by HIV specialists including information on the latest HIV treatment options (injectables and other new treatment options)
- Explore issues around disclosure, negotiating sex and relationships
- Learn about other HIV support and services
- Start planning for the future
- And much more
“Before doing the workshop I felt so alone. Now I feel so much more confident to deal with the challenges that lie ahead.”
“Over the last few months, I have just wanted the world to stop for a minute. But after this weekend I’m ready to join the universe again.”
“It was great to meet others and listen to the stories and get guidance. Was I anxious? You bet! More Confident now? I sure am and looking to a better future.”
“I survived Phoenix! For all curious I highly recommend going. It was a great experience. The facilitators were all amazing and the group was very warm and open having even made some friends.”