Programs and Services
Phoenix is a workshop for anyone who has been recently diagnosed with HIV.
Workshops are tailored to suit people of all gender and sexual identities. It’s a confidential and supportive space to learn how to deal with managing your HIV diagnosis.
The workshop is facilitated by other people living with HIV and HIV specialists including doctors and counsellors. So what can you expect from the workshop?
- Meet other people living with HIV and share your experiences
- Explore issues around disclosure, negotiating sex and relationships
- Find out how to maintain your sexual health
- Have your questions answered by HIV specialists including information on the latest HIV treatment options
- Learn about other HIV support and services
- Start planning for the future
“Before doing the workshop I felt so alone. Now I feel so much more confident to deal with the challenges that lie ahead.”
“Over the last few months I have just wanted the world to stop for a minute. But after this weekend I’m ready to join the universe again.”
“It was great to meet others and listen to the stories and get guidance. Was I anxious? You bet! More Confident now? I sure am and looking to a better future.”
“I survived Phoenix! For all curious I highly recommend going. It was a great experience, the facilitators were all amazing and the group was very warm and open having even made some friends.”
For more information about the next workshop email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 03 9863 8733 or submit the form below.