- This event has passed.
Positive Self-Management Program for those 50 years and over
July 28 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Our online Positive Self-Management Program for those 50 years and over with HIV is happening every Tuesday night 6pm-8.30pm for six weeks, commencing Tuesday 28 July and ending Tuesday 1 September.
This program can help improve your quality of life. The sessions are highly interactive, where mutual support and success will build your confidence in your ability to manage your own health and maintain an active and fulfilling life. As well as addressing other challenges such as depression, loneliness, isolation and stigma. By participating in this program, you will gain valuable knowledge and skills to manage your HIV and your general health.
Subjects covered in the program include:
• Connect with others and breakdown that isolation.
• How to best integrate medication regimens into your daily life so they can be taken consistently.
• Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fear, fatigue, pain and isolation.
• Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance.
• Evaluating symptoms.
• Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals such as your doctor.
And lots more!
What do previous participants say about the program?
“Great workshop. Was good to learn new ideas and feedback from the other participants.”
“Overall, it was a very affirming experience – challenging at times which was a good thing because it took me out of my comfort zone.”
“Was great to share and receive others’ thoughts, opinions, ideas and issues in a way that was open and non-judgemental. Thanks very much.”Register Here
or email Vic Perri for more information.