- This event has passed.
Positive Relationships: Creating safe connections for women and heterosexual men
We all have different styles and approaches when it comes to sharing our status.
Perhaps you’ve been wanting to tell a sexual partner, a friend or someone you value because they support you. You may have felt the conversation approaching and rehearsed it many times. Maybe you feel like you’ve ‘stuffed it up’ before.
In this free, peer led online workshop for women and heterosexual men you will:
· Hear from others living with HIV
· Have opportunities to share your own experiences
· Be respected and valued for the expertise you bring
· Meet a sero-discordant (pos/neg) couple and hear their story
· Explore ways to share with calmness, confidence and dignity
· Learn about settings where it may be important to share your status
· Explore issues that may arise from sharing
If you have a partner, they are welcome to attend.
We will be joined by Craig Burnett, Senior Policy Officer at Living Positive Victoria, who will talk to us about HIV & the Law.