- This event has passed.
Positive Relationships: An HIV Disclosure Workshop
“I need to tell you something…”
“I’d like you to know that I’m…”
Sound familiar? Are you preparing to have this conversation again? For the first time? Perhaps with a friend, sex partner or family member? Sharing status (also known as “disclosure”) can be done well! We need to take into account our own style, needs and preferences when it comes to this important conversation.
In this three-hour workshop we will:
- Learn from each other when it comes to sharing status in different ways in different settings
- Explore the benefits of sharing and not sharing, and the issues that may arise
- Consider settings where it may be necessary to share your status, according to the law
- Meet people who have successfully shared their status with their friends, family, loved ones as well as romantic or sexual partners.
- This workshop is open to anyone living with HIV. This workshop will be facilitated by our Peer Navigation Team.
We will also be joined by a couple from our community who will talk about their experiences of dating & relationships and talking about HIV.
As part of your registration, our workshop coordinator, Emil will be in touch with you to check in if you need any additional support. If you do have any questions or would like to talk to Emil now, please feel free to send Emil an email at
We’re looking forward to having you join us.