- This event has passed.
Phoenix workshop for gay, bi+, queer men and trans folk with HIV
Phoenix is a confidential and supportive space to learn how to live well with HIV.
Our next workshop is in on Friday 12 May, 12, 7-9pm (6.30pm for pizza) and Saturday 13, 9am-6pm.
You may have been recently diagnosed or perhaps you’ve had HIV for a while. It’s not so much about how long you’ve had HIV but more about how much support and information you want.
Register to attend here
The Phoenix workshop is run by people living with HIV, and will also feature conversations with a HIV specialist doctor and HIV counsellor.
It’s free and no Medicare card is needed.
What can you expect from the workshop?
- Have your questions answered by a specialist HIV doctor (including information on the latest HIV treatment options) and a HIV counsellor (living well with HIV)
- Explore issues like sex, relationships, and deciding when (and when not) to tell people about your HIV
- Meet other people with HIV, and heat about other people’s HIV journey
- Learn about other HIV support and services
- Discover new ways to live well with HIV
It was great to be able to share experiences in a safe place
I would highly recommend Phoenix for both newly diagnosed, and those who have lived experience for many years. There is always a new way to look at things
I was hesitant to whether I needed something like this, but I’m SO GLAD I did it
Best thing I have done since being diagnosed
I felt valued and accepted – awesome team
Its so important to allow people to talk about their experience, which helps people realise they are not alone.
I wish I knew about Phoenix when I was diagnosed.
To register to attend HERE or for more information please email email@example.com or call 03 9863 8733