- This event has passed.
Peer Support Network Gathering (50+ yrs)
June 9 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
The Peer Support Network is a monthly social gathering for people 50+ years to get information on a range of HIV and ageing related topics.
This month Art Therapist Deirdre Byrne will talk about the benefits of art therapy and how you can use it to increase your health and wellbeing.
What can art therapy do for you?
- Art therapy is capable of promoting self-expression, feelings, and emotions
- It has an ability to facilitate positive perspectives on one’s life
- It is capable of promoting a sense of personal independence, self-reliance, and self-sufficiency
- It can increase one’s awareness and orientation
- It encourages the development of healthy coping strategies
- Art therapy can facilitate insight, empathy, and acceptance of other’s life challenges
- It is capable of promoting problem-solving skills
This is a great opportunity for you to meet up with your friends and even make new ones in a safe and confidential space.
Email email@example.com to register.