A Sustainable Organisation: A Key Focus of our New Strategic Plan
As part of our Strategic Plan 2023-2028 we have identified three guiding principles to enable us to meet the expectations of our community, our partners and our stakeholders.
A SUSTAINABLE ORGANISATION:
- We will ensure we have appropriate business and operating models to support our work.
- We will remain financially stable, supported by fit-for-purpose technology, systems and service provision.
- We will value, support and invest in staff and board members.
- We acknowledge the crucial support of volunteers.
Integral to our success over the last 35 years has been the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of the amazing folks who volunteer their time, skills, and passion to our board of governance. This success is underpinned by consistent investment in governance training opportunities and a commitment via our unique 6-3 governance model to ensure greater skills acquisition and cultural and identity diverse representation on our board and across our volunteer and staff group. This ensures that the continuous evolution of our response more appropriately reflects the communities we engage.
- Professional development opportunities for both operational staff and members of the board ensure we have the skills and focus required to ensure constant improvement.
- Diversification of volunteer opportunities is also a priority across the life of our plan.
- Working groups provide opportunities for community to make further contributions to the work of Living Positive Victoria.
We currently have a range of working groups with specific focus that feedback to and strengthen our governance model…
- Board executive group – officer bearers: Developing the agenda for board meetings and forward planning.
- Governance working group: Developing and reviewing policy and risk across the organisation.
- Multicultural working group: Developing spaces for multi-cultural community members to inform the board of their key priorities moving forward.
- Membership engagement working group: Ensuring opportunities for member engagement beyond signing up to inform and enable greater participation across a range of opportunities, including participation in the AGM and board of governance voting processes.