- This event has passed.
Positive Self-Management Workshop (+50 years)
March 28 - May 2Free
The Positive Self-Management Program equips those over 50 years of age to improve their quality of life by giving you skills and techniques to improve your self-care and doctor–patient interaction.
Subjects covered in the program include:
- How to best integrate medication regimens into your daily routine
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fear, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- How to evaluate new or alternative treatments
The interactive sessions are approximately 2-2.5 hours, once a week, for six weeks. The program particularly helps people with long standing HIV, significant co morbidities as well as other challenges such as depression, loneliness, isolation and stigma.
The workshop will take place every Wednesday from 6:30pm-8:30pm starting on 28 March until 2 May.
Register by calling 03 9864 8733 or email email@example.com